Bnai Zion Foundation has been uniting supporters of Israel and investing in the people of Israel since 1908.
Here are some of the highlights.

1908
1908

Founding of Bnai Zion

Bnai Zion adopted as its objective “the Order Sons of Zion shall help the Zionist Congress in the work of obtaining for the Jewish people a legally secured, publicly assured national home in Palestine.”

1928
1928

Reopening of Bezalel Art School

Bnai Zion's financial contributions allowed for the reopening of Israel’s foremost higher education institution for the arts.

1939-1945
1939-1945

Supporting WWII Efforts

Bnai Zion provided aid in a myriad of ways; in one week alone, 450 members each donated a pint of blood to the Red Cross for servicemen.

1941
1941

Founding of Magen David Adom

Leaders of Bnai Zion helped found Israel’s equivalent of the Red Cross. Millions of medical supplies and 125 ambulances were donated.

1944
1944

Creation of the Women’s Council of Bnai Zion

A Women’s League was created for special projects.

1947
1947

Establishment of Kfar Bnai Zion

With the help of Bnai Zion, Kfar Bnai Zion was established as a communal moshav where Holocaust survivors could build new lives for themselves.

1949
1949

Establishment of Ein Hod

Bnai Zion helped found Ein Hod, a celebrated artists’ village near Haifa. Today, this village is recognized throughout the world for its inhabitants’ artistic talents and for the operation of its prestigious school.

1958
1958

Building of Two Homes for Citizens with Intellectual Disabilities

Makeshift housing was transformed into habitable living quarters for intellectually disabled citizens of Maon Bnai Zion. Later, Bnai Zion enhanced the facilities by building swimming pools, new kitchens, dental clinics, and other amenities.

1971
1971

Formation of the America-Israel Friendship League

Bnai Zion founded the America-Israel Friendship League when it recognized the potential and importance of creating an ongoing dialogue and relationship between the two societies.

1978
1978

Construction of Beit Halochem

Bnai Zion donated the funds for the completion of the distinguished Beit Halochem rehabilitation facility in Haifa.

1988
1988

Bnai Zion Medical Center Naming

The Rothschild Hospital in Haifa was renamed the Bnai Zion Medical Center when Bnai Zion committed to complete a new 11-story west wing and modernize the hospital's facilities to provide proper medical care for the population of northern Israel.

1997
1997

Groundbreaking for Library of Peace

Bnai Zion committed to the construction of the library, which has been completed, dedicated, and is now being used by the entire Ma’ale Adumim region.

2003
2003

Support for the David Yellin College of Education

Bnai Zion provided support to the teacher's college, which trains secular and religious Jews, Muslim and Christian Arabs, and immigrants.

2005
2005

Completion of the Chais Building for Child Development

The Child Development Center at Bnai Zion Medical Center is now recognized as the region’s leading center for diagnosis and treatment of young children who have neurological-developmental challenges.

2008
2008

The Bnai Zion Centennial

Bnai Zion celebrated a century of commitment and dedication to helping those in need.

2016
2016

Construction of Safe Rooms for At-Risk Children

Within the Ahava Village for troubled youth, Bnai Zion provided the financial support to build rooms that protect residents from rocket fire.

2017
2017

Dedication of the George and Irina Schaeffer Bnai Zion Foundation Regional Communities Support Center

Construction of a new community center geared towards accommodating children with special needs was made possible by Bnai Zion funding.